About

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

An Experience You Like

For my final photography assignment last semester, we were given the brief "an experience you like". I'm quite fascinated with street photography and the urban environment. Some street photography emphasises this "unnaturally quiet" aspects of urban living that doesn't sit quite right and has you on edge. Where noise is unwanted in the country, it is favoured, I find, in the city. In my neighbourhood, only the brave venture out alone. A small young girl like me sure can't!! It's the only time the streets are ever relatively quiet or empty, except for the occasional hum of an engine and drunken youthful laughter. I find the urban night to be quite mysterious... with so many people in a small area, there's always someone doing something; and I find myself imaging what that could be, early hours of the morning, forever undiscovered. So, though my pictures show my unease, it's still an experience "I like" because I find these things very interesting haha








0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment