About

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Parkour at Maroubra Beach

I was really excited to take photos at Maroubra, I love those last minute plans and long drives. The spontaneity was a big deal for me, especially actually being happy about it. Spontaniety with photography used to stress me out a bit and i'd turn into a deer in the headlights. I'd feel lost. I've tried my best to face that the last year after the PhotoHunt I participated in with UNSW Photoclub. I just took the worst, uninspired, boring, over done photos and that made me lose some confidence. I know it was from panicking, or thinking too fast, so i've tried my best to face that problem - with the band photoshoot and my photography assignments particularly. These really helped, i practiced my ability to think of dynamic images, compositions, angles. I made sure i had something in mind so i wouldn't get lost, but then i'd also slow down and just explore the light. Of course there's always room for improvement, but i feel a lot more confident with lighting now, working with it and also not forgetting composition. I've learnt that there'll always be at least one good photo, even if the whole shoot felt terrible. Also my half kept promise to always keep my camera on me is helping :)























My editing is still a bit dodge. I saturated the colours a bit because they were very orange-blue but i feel there is a coldness at the beach too.


0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment